LinkedIn is one of the best places to connect with business professionals. Here are the up-to-date LinkedIn statistics for you and your business to grow professionally.
1) LinkedIn is turning 19 this year
LinkedIn was launched on 5th May 2003, even before Facebook. It is one of the oldest major social media platforms.
Don’t forget to wish the platform. Save the date!
2) LinkedIn is available in 25 languages
We are happy to share that these 25 languages also include Hindi.
India has so much potential for new business and this will help the marketers unlock new doors of opportunity.
3) Around 60% of the users on LinkedIn are from the age of 25 to 34
More than half of LinkedIn users of the age group that is starting and growing their careers shouldn’t be a surprise. It’s a professional network, after all.
4) #India is the most followed hashtag on LinkedIn, with over 67. 6 million followers
The dominance of the #India hashtag suggests to marketers that the nation cannot be overlooked as part of their global campaign strategy. Other most popular hashtags include #Innovation (38.8 million), #Management (36 million), and #HumanResources (33.2 million).
5) Every minute around 6 people are hired through LinkedIn worldwide
If these particular stats don’t convince you to have a LinkedIn presence then we don’t know what will. Not only having a presence is enough but also polishing your skills, suggested by the platform.
6) LinkedIn posts with images get 2x higher engagement
Though LinkedIn is not all about pictures but having an image has a greater chance of getting an engagement. Larger the picture the better it is. LinkedIn recommends 1200 x 627 pixels.
7) Brands have seen a 33% increase in the purchase intent, resulting from ad exposure on LinkedIn
The platform’s ability to connect with members through brand posts user engagement and sharing them on their feed can help marketers early in the marketing funnel.
8) 4 out of 5 people on LinkedIn drive business decisions.
It might sound crazy but it’s true. People posting on their feed about the company are the decision-makers or have some influence in the decision-making process.
9) 40% of B2B marketers’ surveys indicated LinkedIn as the most effective channel for driving high-quality leads.
The platform can help in using professional demographic data for targeting the right people based on their professional data like designation, organisation, seniority, and industry.
10) Brands get 7x more reactions and 24x more comments on LinkedIn live streams than the regular video.
We already know video posts get more engagement than stills on any social media platform. But on LinkedIn, Live videos take things a notch higher, with impressively high engagement levels, especially for comments.
That high comment rates show people are engaged during the live video stream and waiting to interact with the participants.
With these stats, we think there’s no better place than LinkedIn if you want to market to professionals.